About our Farm....
Richmond Country Farms Market is a unique and lively place to shop.The vibrant agricultural heritage of Richmond BC has helped make our Farmers' Market a popular attraction for local shoppers and visitors alike.
The Lower Mainland climate offers excellent growing conditions for an incredible variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables. Our farm and local, small-scale, family farms cultivate many unusual, heirloom and unique varieties that cannot be found in regular grocery stores.
Parking is always free and just steps away from the market. We pride ourselves on being stroller and wheelchair friendly.
Richmond Country Farms nursery can help you create your scenery in every season. We have quality plants and garden supplies to make the most of your gardening - indoors and out, spring, summer, and fall.
Our tantalizing array of trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, bulbs and seeds, edibles, and indoor plants creates an ever-changing scene within our store, beautiful and beautifully cared-for by our knowledgeable staff of garden enthusiasts.
Come visit us and see for yourself!
At Richmond Country Farms we believe organic production is based on principles that support healthy practices. These principles aim to increase the quality and the durability of the environment through specific management and production methods.
The general principles of our organic production are to:
- Protect the environment, minimize soil degradation and erosion, decrease pollution, optimize biological productivity and promote a sound state of health.
- Maintain long-term soil fertility by optimizing conditions for biological activity within the soil.
- Maintain biological diversity within the system.
- Recycle materials and resources to the greatest extent possible within the enterprise.
- Prepare organic products, emphasizing careful processing, and handling methods in order to maintain the organic integrity and vital qualities of the products at all stages of production
- Rely on renewable resources in locally organized agricultural systems.